Make Movement Possible: from post-op patients to athletes, from the elderly to the obese, the AlterG Anti-Gravity Treadmill is great for treating lower extremity movement dysfunction and training with less impact.
The AlterG has been clinically proven to reduce impact during exercise and its comfort and ease of use make it unique for training and rehab. Built on NASA technology, AlterG’s patented differential air pressure system provides a comfortable and safe unweighting environment for walking, running, and other weight-bearing and partial weight-bearing exercises.
AlterG users can take up to 80% of the load off their lower body, in precise 1% increments, encouraging motion without the pain. And it’s the only unweighting system that allows for normal gait mechanics and muscle firing patterns while exercising on a treadmill. AlterG’s precise calibration lets the user determine the point where movement becomes pain-free and enables clinicians to set a treatment baseline and track progress. The chosen tool of leading physical therapy clinics, skilled nursing facilities, hospitals, colleges, and pro sport teams, AlterG is used worldwide and is rapidly becoming the standard of care for rehabilitation and training.
Post-op patients use the AlterG to rehab from surgery with less pain and faster progression. Seniors use it for strengthening to help with deconditioning, fall prevention, and combating the diseases of aging. Overweight patients get to experience what it feels like to be at their target body weight and exercise with less impact and pain on their already overtaxed joints. From individuals trying to get fit to aspiring athletes to weekend warriors to elite runners, the AlterG is a customizable based on your fitness level and a great way to save your joints. FDA-cleared uses of the AlterG Anti-Gravity Treadmill include:
- Rehabilitation following injury or surgery of the lower extremity (hip, knee, ankle or foot).
- Rehabilitation after total joint replacement.
- Gait training in neurologic patients.
- Strengthening and conditioning in older patients.
- Weight control and reduction.
- Sport Specific conditioning programs.
- Aerobic conditioning.
The world’s best athletes and sports teams consider the Anti-Gravity Treadmill an essential part of their athletic conditioning and rehabilitation programs. They choose the AlterG because it:
- Enables injured athletes to maximize their fitness retention as they recover.
- Strengthens and improves coordination of muscles, which in turn protects surrounding joints.
- Promotes the full range of motion while minimizing stress.
Referrals are not needed. Memberships are available.